SAL R1a Easy tank
The easiest SOLAS Speed Log to install. SAL R1a Easy Tank is the fourth generation acoustic correlation SAL speed log for measuring relative speed – speed through water (STW) . The speed log is designed to meet requirements as specified by authorities and shipowners. Its performance exceeds the various IMO specifications and has proven reliability in many thousand installations worldwide.
Main features of the SAL R1a Easy Tank
• Closed ended installation - no need for water tight compartment or piping above sealine.
• Easy to install, with only a few mechanical parts and light weight bottom parts.
The transducer mounting is made from the inside of the hull.
• Safe due to the rugged mechanical design and water tight cable.
• Pressure tested and approved according to PN16 (24 bar, 240 m).
• High performance because of the proven Acoustic Correlation technology.
• Space saving with the small and compact bottom parts
• Easy set-up and calibration procedures from the bridge SD4 displays.
• Flexible calibration allows very accurate reading over the speed range.
System Performance Data
Working principle: Acoustic correlation
Measuring distance: 130 mm from surface of transducer
Frequencies: 3.8 and 4.2 MHz
Speed range: ±50 knots sensed speed
Speed accuracy: <1% or 0.1 knot, whichever is greater
Distance accuracy: <1%
Minimum water depth: 3 metres below the transducer
Serial speed output: One, IEC 61162-1 3rd edition (NMEA 0183) (max load 100 ohm) (equal to 10 SD-indicators)
Analogue speed output: One, 0.1VDC/knot (max load 5 mA)
Pulse speed output:Two closing contact relays, potential free 200 p/NM (max load 30V/30mA or 15V/100mA)
Status output: One power fail switching contact relay
Power supply for SD-indicators: Max 3 SD-indicators
Power requirement: 230/115VAC 50-60 Hz
Power consumption: 30 watts nominal
Environmental requirements: IEC 60945
Dimensions: Weight: 4th edition 2002-8 360 (+30) x 360 x 170 mm 10.5 kg
Colour : RAL7035
IP class: IP44